Penny Penelope

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

OK, so maybe Spring isn't here yet

But the snow we had today in NYC didn't keep me from dreaming of warm sunny afternoons. Actually, they are only a few days away thanks to a trip down to Sanibel Island (Florida) planned for next week. We're leaving Sunday. Mia is all set with a new tropical bikini I made for her this week.

I made the pattern for it based on a bikini she had last summer. The top has six rows of shirring done by using elastic thread in the bobin. I've had that thread for years, but this was the first time I've used it. It took some practice, but I like it. You have to do at least three rows of stitching for it to gather. Otherwise, it just gives you a stretchable stich, which could be good for other projects. For this, I needed gathers, so six rows did the trick. I'm working on a matching sun hat now. It's about halfway finished just like the other project I'm working on. I'm making a tote bag for myself to carry my supplies to the Denyse Schmidt quilting class I'm going to this weekend. Yes, that's right. A Denyse Schmidt quilting class held in her studio in Connecticut. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming! Oh, no wait, let me keep dreaming...

Oh, and since this is April, the bikini and bag are all made with things I already had.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Sweet! I wish I had a little girl to sew pretty things for!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home