Penny Penelope

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Totes for tots

Well, she thinks it's her bag. It's my first attempt at a hand bag. I think it's ok, not great. Mia loves it. I used your basic medium-weight cottons. A couple of them had some lycra in it. I used a very hevy weight interfacing to help give the bag shape and keep the fabrics from stretching. I think next time, I will double up on the interfacing. Maybe even use it on the lining. My biggest issue with this bag is the way I put the lining in. I lined the top part of the bag where the zipper is, which was a mistake. The lining doesn't hold up. It falls in and makes it difficult to use. I need to go back and stitch the lining in place around the top. That would probably help a lot. I added D-rings to the sides, so I can hang it on Mia's stroller. I also added a key clip and pockets inside. All the materials used -- even the key clilp -- I already had. Perfect for use-what-you-have April.


Top of bag. Zipper and D-rings.

Lining with pockets and key clip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Pretty colors! I like the bag. I'm always tweaking my designs based on how I did the last bag... I love it.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Cathy. Do you ever use interfacing on the lining of your bags? I'm thinking about it for the next one, but haven't actually seen it done that way. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home