Penny Penelope

Friday, May 12, 2006

Did I say I love technology?


Several weeks ago I ran across a blogger that had made a coloring book using Photoshop Elements to convert photos to drawings (I'm so sorry, but I just can't remember the name of the blog!). I thought it was such a great idea that I immediately had to try it out. I have the full-blown Photoshop software, so I had a few more options to play around with. The image above is what I came up with. Of course, that was weeks, even months ago. Trying to remember exactly what I did was tough. So, a little more playing around turned up this "sketch" of Mia to the right. I have to say I really like it. So much so, that I think I may have to frame it. Below is the original photo. Want to know how I did it? It's easy! Convert your photo to grayscale. Then under the Filter menu item, choose Sketch and then Graphic Pen. For this picture, I also adjusted the Brightness/Contrast (under the Image menu item) because the image felt a little dark. That's it. Print and enjoy!

The more I think about this image (ah, what a sweet face that is!), the more ideas I have about what to do with it. Framing, greeting cards, gift tags, stickers, magnetic paper, shrinky dink charms, wrapping paper. The list seems endless!

On a different note, I'm still working on the dress I started a few days ago. I can tell you already that it will be a wear-around-the-apartment dress. It's too big and looks like a potato sack. But it's comfortable, so I think I'll finish it. Also, it has a gathered waist right at the true waistline. What was I thinking? I'm still carrying around 10 lbs of baby weight, so a waistline like that just isn't flattering. Oh well. Live and learn. When I finish it, I may post a picture (if I'm feeling brave).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you may be launching the Mia line of pretty things. I love technology too. Thanks for sharing how you did that.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Autum! I can get a little crazy with our pics of Mia. She's just so darn cute (crazy in love parent, aren't I?).

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest baby I've ever seen in my entire life....

-Dad

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home