Penny Penelope

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Progress

I finally got started on another project. This time, a dress for myself. I managed to cut it out yesterday while Mia played in her crib. She wanted "night night" yesterday morning, so I put her in her crib thinking she'd want right out. But instead, she played happily for an entire HOUR. I couldn't believe it. I had already pinned the pieces the night before, so it was ready to go when I got my bonus hour.

I started sewing last night only after I took the time to care for my poor neglected machine. Can you believe how bad it was? It's been months since I took out the bobbin base and really cleaned. My machine started to protest yesterday by making a big knocking noise every time the needle dipped down. Dear Sewing Machine, please forgive me. I promise to take better care of you. You've been a faithful and reliable friend for 12 years. You deserve better from me. I'm sorry!

And yesterday during Mia's nap, I was able to make this. Looks simple right? Well, it should have been. But I had to make this twice. The first time I made the top ruffle part too short. On the second version, I made it a full inch, but then put the buttonhole for the ribbon in the wrong place. ahh! A "simple" project took me quite a while, but it was worth it. Next time, though, I think I'll make the top ruffle part even bigger and add another half inch.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always those quick "easy" projects that get me too. Your drawstring bag is beautiful. I love those colors.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Autum!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag! Why haven't I seen it?

Gabby

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home