Penny Penelope

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A little slump

The last few days, I've been in a little creative slump. It's not even that I have so many ideas that I don't know where to start (as often happens). This time, it's that I don't have any idea what I want to do next. All I've really wanted to do is sit and read everyone else's blogs. I tell myself, "Fifteen minutes, then I'll go sew." The next thing I know it's 11:00 p.m. and too late to start a project. I've been thinking about the skirt, but don't have all the materials to get started. The garment district is an hour walk from here and difficult to do with Mia. So, unless I want to go on the weekend and miss out on time with Tarek and Mia, it just doesn't happen. I've thought about just taking a cab (buses take too long, subway too hard with Mia), but the garment district stores are often a nightmare with a stroller. Yea, it's going to have to be a weekend trip.

Anyway, during one of my morning walks with Mia, I saw this. Just being out enjoying the beautiful day can be inspiring. Central Park, oh how I love you. I really, really do. Excuse me while I go make something.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those slumps too. I just let the crafting be until I have the energy and focus for it. I hope you get that crafty feeling back quickly!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home