Penny Penelope

Monday, May 29, 2006

The bye bye stroller

Last weekend we bought a new stroller for Mia. Can I just say that yes, it is possible for a stroller to change your life? It's true. The one we had before was great -- big basket, fully reclining seat, reversible handle, height-adjustable handle, the works. The only problem is with all those features it weighs 21 pounds and is big. Too big for a bus or subway with just the two of us. So, finally, I broke down and bought a lightweight umbrella stroller to use occasionally for the bus, etc. Oh my gosh! Almost immediately, the big stroller was permanently sent to the closet. The new one is now Mia's everyday ride. And the best part? She loves it. I mean loves it in a crawls-up-in-it-by-herself-and-just-sits-in-it kind of way. What a joy. Now, we hop on a bus on a whim. Need to get there faster? Hop on a subway. It's that easy. And don't even get me talking about how much easier it is to maneuver through the narrow isles of almost every place we shop. Ahh... I'm smiling just thinking of it. There was one thing about the stroller I didn't like. It was dreary. Boring (her other stroller is orange and happy). A nice seat pad slipcover did the trick. Made out of a fabric I've had stored in the cabinet for years. It has a hook-and-loop side, so I can take it off and wash it. And believe me, it will need to be washed. When Mia saw it, she said, "Nice, Mama. Nice!" Who could ask for more than that?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool!! And tell me, why I am sewing anything for you Miss stroller slipcover maker?? I think your sewing skill exceed mine and I am feeling a bit intimidated sending you something I've sewn.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my two little ones out yesterday in our new double stroller for the first time and I felt the same way. I'm free! Yeah! (and it's orange and grey - lovely).

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home