Penny Penelope

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A finished skirt... if you can believe it


Not only did I finish a skirt for myself, but actually wore it today. Mia and I made a day trip to Brooklyn to check out the Target store I found out was there. I have to admit, I like Target. There's not one in Manhattan, so I rarely go. When we're traveling, though, I usually make a point to stop at one. It's something I kind of feel guilty about. For the most part, I prefer to shop at small, independent shops when I can. And lucky for me, there are still some around in my area (although not nearly as many as when I moved here nine years ago). But there's just something about Target I enjoy. The bright red everywhere (I love red). The isles of wrapping paper and note pads and home storage and dishes. I just like it. I can't help it. It's my dirty little secret, so don't tell anyone. Anyway, I wore my skirt and felt pretty proud of myself. You can't tell in the picture, but the skirt is made of six panels, so there are two seams down the front and the back. I did two rows of top stitching to give them a more tailored look. I used a red (not as orange as it looks in the photo) twill that has some lycra in it. I don't really like sewing with stretchable fabrics, but it's what I had. The waist and the hem are both finished with grosgrain ribbon. Now that I know my pattern is ok, the next skirt will be in a cute Liberty twill I have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home