Penny Penelope

Monday, June 26, 2006

Still here, I promise


I bet you think I've left for good. I can't believe it's been another week since I last posted. Things have been a little crazy around here. After we got back from Texas, my step-mother and aunt came to visit me a few days later. We had a fantastic time. Lots of talking, walking and shopping. We went to check out the new Anthropologie store in Rockefeller Center. It was the first time I'd been in one, and I was not disappointed. At least with the look and feel of the store. I thought the clothing was overpriced for the quality, but the home goods were somewhat fairly priced. I bought two tea towels I'd like to turn into skirts or something. I also found a lamp I absolutely loved, but decided against spending the $500 they wanted for it. This past Saturday, we had friends over for brunch. They were here visiting from Dallas. We had a great time and the breakfast casserole I made turned out great. So... the last couple of days were spent doing pretty much nothing. And I'll admit, it felt good. I had planned on going to the garment district today with Mia to get fabric to slipcover some chairs, but the rain (three days in a row now) held us inside. Maybe tomorrow...

I leave you with this beautiful flower. A few weeks ago, my friend Cathy and her son Charlie came over to play with me and Mia. They showed up with the most wonderful sunflowers. I enjoyed them so much before I left for the trip, that I bought more after we got back. These are from Cathy's bunch. Thank you Cathy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty picture. Isn't it nice to just "do nothing" every so often? Glad to have discovered your blog : )

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home