Penny Penelope

Monday, July 03, 2006

Crazy hair and ketchup. Oh, and slipcovers.

In case you can't tell by the photo, Mia loves ketchup. She usually only has it when we go out to eat. If it's on the table at the restaurant, forget about it. Ketchup must be on everything. It's crazy. Just like her hair (a trait she got from her mom).

I started my slipcover project yesterday. All was going well until I realized I'm short on fabric. What a pain! I'm making a muslin cover first. I'll use that to make a paper pattern. Then I'll use the pattern to cut into the main fabric (white twill). I'm short a few yards of the muslin. Anyway, the chair is a dark rust color now. I'm going to keep the muslin cover on the chair to use as a base under the twill cover. Make sense? That way the rust color won't show through. Here's a not-so-great picture of phase one... draping the muslin on the chair. I'm looking forward to getting this finished. It's been on my to-do list for, ahem, 11 years (yes, you read that correctly).


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I have a chair in my garage that I would love to slipcover but have been scared to try. Maybe if I see your work in progress it will give me some incentive as well as some clue of how to do it.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, didn't you know ketchup has natural mellowing agents? HeHe :) Don't know if you are a "Prairie Home Companion" fan on public radio but there is an episode each week on how ketchup's "natural mellowing agents" can cure all of life's problems. Don't deprive Mia of her ketchup!! I love the stuff myself.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

that's so funny, Leslie. Mia, at times, could definitely use some mellowing agents. Especially after dinner before bed! And to think I was worried about all the sugar in it...

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home