Penny Penelope

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A dress for Mia



Here's Mia in another sample dress I made a few years ago. It's funny, when I made this dress, I didn't like it at first. I actually wasn't even going to put it in my line. At the last minute (literally), I added it to the selection at my trade show at my mom's request. And guess what. It was my best seller! Of course, that helped me see this dress in a different way. But now seeing Mia run around in it, it's one of my all-time favorites.

I made a trip to the garment district today to buy white twill for a slipcover I need to make. I also found a great linen at a fantastic price ($6.50/yard!) for an embroidery project. I'm looking forward to getting into the swing of things. First project though... clearing out my sewing area. argh.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why it's a favorite. I love the color combination and the little bow in the back. She is such a good little model. I love that second picture.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home